The Facebook sign up process can be done in just a couple of minutes. The site is and will always remain free to use. However, you have the option of purchasing Facebook Credits, that can be used to purchase extras on applications or games. In order to be eligible to sign up for Facebook, you must be thirteen (13) years of age or older. This is the minimum age required to sign up for the site.
How to sign up? (Creating a new account to use as a personal profile)
- 1. Go to the Sign Up page: http://www.facebook.com/r.php
- 2. Enter your full name, email address, desired password, gender, and date of birth.
- 3. After completing the form, you will receive an email to the address you provided.
If you can't find the Facebook sign-up confirmation email, check your spam or junk folder. Some emails may be blocked by your ISP (Internet Service Provider).
- 4. Click on the confirmation link to complete the registration process.
- 5. You are successfully registered to Facebook, you can send further invitations to your friends if you wish.
You can also create a profile for a business, product, pet or public figure:
Facebook profiles are designed for real people, but if you want to represent something that is close to you (listed above), you can create a Facebook Page.